The licensing of roof systems by a manufacturer does not end BRS’s involvement in the product or the licensee. BRS provides ongoing support for each of its licensees to guarantee they have every opportunity to be successful in providing superior roof systems to their customers.
BRS does not manufacturer or sell any of the products they license to manufacturers. BRS is not a competitor to their licensees! BRS is a product development company that maintains current products and develops new products for the metal construction industry. BRS’s success and growth is tied to the growth and success of our licensees.
BRS has 33 licensees, producing panels in 45 plants throughout the US and Canada. Fifteen of the licensees have licensed both of BRS’s standing seam roof systems; in all BRS has 48 licensed products in the USA, Canada and China.
BRS Unique Licensing Program
BRS has been directly involved in many successful new roof system development and successful introductions. We know and understand the many challenges involved in launching a new product.
Expanding your operation can be difficult to do while purchasing a standing seam roof from a component company as the markup you can place on the roof system will be much less than you can place on a system you produce. In addition, you may not be as successful selling a product from a component manufacturer as the component company is in all likelihood offering the same product to your customer.
With this in mind, we have structured a licensing program that is flexible and extremely supportive to our licensee’s successful new product introduction.
The big question is if the initial expense of new equipment, expansion, product development and sales cost is justified. The answer is YES, the profit generated by the new roof system will justify the expenditure.
BRS has devised a licensee program that will improve your ability to get into the standing seam market by offering our own standing seam roof system with licensee fee terms that will allow you to pay for the license through increased sales profit.
BRS license fee is $180,000.00, with the following three option terms available.
- Payment option #1: $180,000.00 at signing of license.
- Payment option #2: $80,000.00 at signing of license and $0.20 per clip surcharge on each clip purchased for five years or until clip accrued surcharge equals $107,812 ( after shipping about 4 million square sq ft of standing seam roof), then no clip surcharge will be assessed and the license fee will be paid in full. At the end of each quarter if the $0.20/clip surcharge does not equal $5,391.00 in clip surcharges, the licensee will be billed for the unpaid clip surcharge amount for that quarter.
- Payment option #3: $80,000.00 at signing of license and $5,391.00 per quarter for five years or $1,791.00 per month for five years.
Included in the cost is testing with ASTM, UL and FM that has been conducted so you will have little cost to become listed with these agencies. Test reports and load span tables will also be provided with the technology transfer.
As you can see, the license fee is easily paid for with the successful sale of your new BRS roof system.
Standing Seam Program
The cost of a standing seam panel line is between $250,000.00 and $500,000.00, not including the cost to add space to your plant and install the panel line at your facility. To defer this cost until you have a good backlog of standing seam roof sales, BRS has obtained agreements with several existing licensees to sell BRS standing seam panels to new licensees at a cost of material plus 25%, providing you furnish a cut list of panels and the roof does not have to be detailed.
BRS has developed a seaming program with a well-known seamer manufacturer to rent seamers through you to your customers so you will not have to incur the cost of the seamer and the cost to maintain them. This is a cost reduction of about $9000.00 per seamer.
For as little as $80,000.00 you will get the following:
- Ability in approximately one month to start selling your own standing seam roof.
- Receive great margins that would not be possible if purchasing from component suppliers.
- As your volume increases, your license will pay for itself.
- Profit and backlog of sales will increase with the purchase of a panel line.
BRS believes they provide the best value and manufacture friendly standing seam roof system license program in the industry.